Location: Foreshore Reserve, The Esplanade, Semaphore
Phone: 08 8341 1690
SEMAPHORE AND FORT GLANVILLE TOURIST RAILWAY
The National Railway Museum operates a 2km long 457 mm gauge railway from Semaphore to Fort Glanville which departs from the foot of the jetty at the end of the popular Semaphore Road cafe strip, and parallels the Esplanade and the sand dunes of one of Adelaide’s most popular swimming beaches, before passing through the dunes near historic Fort Glanville at Point Malcolm.
The railway operates:
- Every Sunday and Public Holiday from end of September to end of April (inclusive)
- Daily during the September & April school holidays EXCEPT Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Daily from and including 26 December to the end of the January school holidays
Steam trains will depart between 11am and 4pm, roughly every hour or at frequencies varied according to demand.
Prices for this unique scenic and relaxing train ride are as follows:
Child $5 (3 years to 15 years)
Family $20 (2 Adults with 2 Children)
- Tickets for the Semaphore and Fort Glanville Tourist Railway do not include admission to the Museum (and vice versa) and are sold exclusively from the train.
- The Semaphore and Fort Glanville Tourist Railway does not operate if the forecast temperature for Adelaide is 35 degrees or higher on the morning of operation.