10. Dominican Convent –
237 Military Road
Dr. Curtis had this exceptional home built in 1897, but found he could not pay for it, and within two years it was bought by the Dominican Sisters. Classes began in the dining room and coach house where Sunday Mass was also celebrated.
The house is still operated by the Dominican Sisters but the name was changed to Dominican School. There is a ‘Widow’s Walk’ along the top – one of only two remaining in Semaphore